Dumouchel Meat and Deli
351 Donald St. | Ottawa ON K1K 1M4 | 613.744.6683 |
** MAY 5th – UPDATE **
To our dearest customers, as you may have heard the price of beef has gone up 30-50%. For us to stay afloat and continue serving you, we temporarily put our prices up so we can ensure we continue to remain open. If you have already made your order, we will call you to advise you of the new price. If you wish to cancel your order, please send us an e-mail to ORDERS@DUMOUCHELMEAT.COM Thank you for your understanding.
** MAY 2nd – UPDATE **
Hi everyone! Here are a few tips to keep in mind before you proceed to make an order:
- E-MAIL: This option is ideal for Family Packs and Large Orders – don’t forget to check your Spam for our replies 😉 Be sure to include your Name and Phone # as well! We cannot accommodate same day orders through e-mail, but we can accommodate them for the following 48 to 72 hrs. - ORDERS@DUMOUCHELMEAT.COM-
- CALLING IN: This option is ideal to make a small order for pick-up same day. Our phone lines are open from 10 AM to 3 PM. If you don't have access to e-mail, you can call us to add your name to our wait list for a larger order or a Family Pack.
Please note, we’re currently booking Family Packs for the end of May or later.
** UPDATE ** Wednesday April 29th
If you are ordering a Family Pack, we are currently accepting orders for the # 1 to 5 until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!
** UPDATE **Wednesday April 22nd
Thank you! We deeply appreciate you all adjusting to our new way of doing things. Know that we are doing our absolute best to serve every one of you in a timely manner. As you can imagine, we are receiving an exceptionally large increase in daily phone calls as well as a large volume of orders. We continue to do our best to get back to you in a timely manner and take your order.
Here are a few tips to help you when placing your orders
- 1. We are open Tuesday to Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm for prearranged pick-up only. Deliveries are also done within this time frame.
- 2. You can now e-mail us your orders! Please send them to ORDERS@DUMOUCHELMEAT.COM
- 3.If you do not have access to an e-mail account, you can call ahead to place your orders, no matter how big or small, we currently do not accept walk-ins. Our phone lines are open from 10 am to 3 pm.
- 4. Small orders can usually be accommodated day-of depending on availability at the time of your e-mail/call (EX.: A small order would consist of a few items to tie you over for a few days).
- 5. If you are ordering a larger order, this can take a few days to accommodate.
- 6. If you are ordering a Family Pack, this can take up to 2 weeks to accommodate.
- 7. If you were told we would call you back, we have not forgotten about you! We are continuously working through our ever-growing list of amazing clients from our e-mails, answering machine and Family Packs waiting list.
Thank you so much for your continuous support and we look forward to serving you! Stay safe out there.
The Team at Dumouchel Meat & Deli
** March 20th - IMPORTANT UPDATE - NEW CHANGES - NO WALK-INS **
Until further notice we are no longer accepting walk-in shopping at our store.
Should there be any more changes in the days to come, we will keep you posted.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
- In order to implement important measures to keep our staff safe and to continue serving you throughout these challenging times we have also modified our business hours.
- Please call ahead within this call-out window and you will be assigned an approximate pick-up or delivery time and date, depending on the size of your order. We suggest making a smaller order to receive it more quickly.
- Our new call-in and pick-up times are Tuesday-Saturday: 10am-5pm. Please note, we are now closed on Mondays along with our usual Sunday.
- We understand that these new measures can be inconvenient, but they are now necessary to help us help you. As a team of workers in the front line during this difficult time, we need to think about our health first and foremost.
** March 18, 2020 - Ongoing update about our current operations **
We want to thank you, our community, for your ongoing patience and support throughout these unprecedented times.
As a business that is part of the essential service category, we're doing our very best every single day to keep up with the high volume of phone calls and orders. We constantly reassess and will make changes should we require to, and we’ll be sure to keep you up to date.
First and foremost, the health and safety of you, your families, our employees and their families are what is most important. We have set up this new way of serving you by keeping that in mind and to ensure we can continue to be available for you.
Please remember going forward that we ask you to:
Thank you from the team at Dumouchel Meat & Deli
- Call ahead to place your order, no matter how big or small. You can ask for any items you would normally order or pick-up and when you pass by to pick it up you can easily add any grocery item that we have in stock
- We will be assigning you a date for pick-up or delivery when you call. If that changes and your order is ready early, we will call and let you know.
- Please pass along the message to your friends and families so that those who do not frequent social media are aware of this new procedure
** NEW UPDATE – Tuesday March 17, 2020 **
Although we currently remain open for business, we will only accept orders by asking you to call in. We will be happy to serve you this way and will call you once your order is ready for pick-up or delivery. We also ask that you pay by Debit or Credit ONLY.
Should anything change, we will be sure to post an update to let you know. We are doing our very best every day to serve you all while keeping in mind the health and safety of our employees and customers.
Thank you again for your amazing support!
COVID-19 UPDATE March 16, 2020
To our valued customers - Thank you for your ongoing support through this trying time and thank you for thinking of us for your everyday needs.
We currently remain open for business.
Should that change, we will be sure to post an update to let you know. We are doing our very best every day to serve you all while keeping in mind the health and safety of our employees and customers.
At this time we have been able to keep up with the explosive demand from the community. We thank you for your ongoing patience when you come in and visit us and when you call to place an order. At this time, we are only accepting orders for next week as we are completely booked for this week.
We ask you to keep in mind the suggestions from Health Canada regarding leaving your home to visit your local businesses. As small family-owned businesses, we need to think about our family as well as yours.
Thank you again for your amazing support!